Tuesday 11 March 2014

Studio Life

Yesterday I booked out a studio room and went to record a potential backing track for our film opening. I arrived at 4pm and left at 9:20pm. It was exhausting going over lines and putting the track together but it was definitely worth it in the end. The night before I stayed up to write lyrics for my rap. When I got to the studio and started to record I realised that the rap was a bit heavy on its own so I decided to freestyle and sing a chorus. I particularly wanted to make a track for the film as many of the sounds I had come across on soundcloud and creative commons didn't fit the theme of our film and the ones that did weren't downloadable as they were copyright. Also hardly any other group created their own soundtrack themselves which made our film stand out amongst our peers. Before calling it a day, I called one of my close friends who is a producer to have a listen to the song his response was "Genius, how did you manage that in so little time?" Tomorrow I hope to have completed editing so I can move onto putting foley sounds into our film opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment