Tuesday 11 March 2014

My make up

Mise en Scene Analysis
One of the key mis en scene aspects of the whole film besides costume is Make-up. Antonia's character's make-up carries a very significant meaning as it clearly portrays her to be a 'slut'. We went away and researched whores in other films and came across one factor they all had in common - red lips and a lot of makeup. So I decided my character would also have red lips and a lot of makeup in order to support the stereotype of everyday whores. I know how to apply make up but I'm no expert when it comes to lipstick so I went online to YouTube to look for tutorials on how to apply it correctly. I came across one woman called Carli Bybel however when I tried the techniques she suggested I struggled a bit.



They weren't necessarily hard to follow... I have fuller lips so I felt I'd benefit better from someone who had similar lips to mine. After continuing to browse for half an hour or so I came across a woman called ItsMyRayeRaye who I'm already subscribed to on YouTube. She gave the best advice and went through each step thoroughly.



On January the 29th I went popped into superdugs to purchase a Blood red lipstick and burgundy lipstick both by Barry M. I also bought some Cheryl Cole false eyelashes (which I ended up not using as they looked weird on camera). A week ago I ordered some false red nails via amazon for about £3. I wanted them to be long so as to over-exaggerate my character. When they came, they were a little brighter than I expected but overall I was happy with the purchase as buying it on the high street would have cost me triple the price.





After carefully following her instructions, this was my end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment